Below is a full list of our Terms and Conditions.
FAR AND AWAY MOTORHOMES MOTORHOME HIRE: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL. JANUARY 14th 2022.
Far and Away Motorhomes Motorhomes (or Far and Away Motorhomes ) offers Motorhomes for hire strictly in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
By taking the vehicle the hirer (or the Client) declares to have read, understood and agreed to this document in its entirety. The hirer is therefore legally deemed to have agreed, understood and accepted all of these terms and conditions and agrees to abide by them.
Please read this agreement carefully.
The placing of any booking with Far and Away Motorhomes shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall apply to all quotations and bookings.
‘The Client’ means you, the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirer’ on the Rental Contract, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the motorhome. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, then full name, address and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
‘This Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of conflict between these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions (of the Client or otherwise), the former shall prevail unless expressly otherwise agreed by Far and Away Motorhomes in writing.
‘Booking’ the confirmed reservation of a motorhome hire and includes the payment of the booking deposit and/or full balance for the rental.
‘Booking Deposit’ means the monetary amount required to confirm the motorhome booking.
‘Rental Period’ Means the hire period as stated on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ Means the vehicle as stated on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, internal equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Far and Away Motorhomes.
‘Security Deposit’ means the amount held as security by Far and Away Motorhomes in relation to this hire.
The Client acknowledges that any contract or agreement entered into by Far and Away Motorhomes with any other body corporate or firm or individual whatsoever for the provision by it or them of facilities or services in connection with the Far and Away Motorhomes ’s services shall be entered into by Far and Away Motorhomes as agent for the Client.
Hire rates quoted include: – VAT (20%) – Unlimited miles – UK standard vehicle insurance – UK Standard equipment & breakdown. All prices quoted in the Agreement are gross prices.
Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to do the following:
Amend any accidental error or omission in a quotation.
Amend any quotation in order to reflect a change in circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Far and Away Motorhomes.
Vary its schedule of charges from time to time.
Amend its prices in accordance with any changes to the rate of VAT.
Total charges as set out therein are not final. You agree to pay any shortfall in charges to Far and Away Motorhomes and you will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Far and Away Motorhomes.
Payments are accepted by bank transfer only. We do not accept credit cards unless by prior agreement.
However, payment is made, you agree that:
- Far and Away Motorhomes is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from your credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by you pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to those outlined in section 10, Conditions for Using the Vehicle.
- You will not dispute your liability to Far and Away Motorhomes for any amount due under this agreement and you shall indemnify and keep Far and Away Motorhomes indemnified against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying your credit or debit card issuer of such dispute.
You agree that Far and Away Motorhomes is entitled to recover payment from your credit or debit card in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
You acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against your credit or debit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period.
All charges and expenses payable by you under this Agreement are due on demand by Far and Away Motorhomes Motorhomes. If you do not pay all charges on time, you agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by HSBC on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by Far and Away Motorhomes, including reasonable legal fees to recover the outstanding money owed. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this Agreement.
4. Booking Confirmation & Payment Terms
A booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by Far and Away Motorhomes and a minimum booking deposit of £200 or £40 per day (whichever is greater), having been received. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once the booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the customer.
The balance of your hire money is payable 30 days prior to the start date of your hire, or at the time of booking if you book less than 30 days from the start date of your hire. Any documentation you are requested to provide Far and Away Motorhomes must be received prior to the start of your hire. Failure to provide full payment and documents as above will result in the booking being cancelled and the loss of your initial booking deposit and/or any further monies paid.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to Far and Away Motorhomes, but please call us immediately to inform us as this will improve the chances of rehiring the motorhome.
A ‘No Show’ is deemed as The Client not presenting themselves on the first day of the rental period to collect their motorhome and not communicating to Far and Away Motorhomes prior to this date that will be collecting the vehicles on an alternative date/time within the booked rental period. Should the hire be deemed a ‘No Show’, the booking will be automatically cancelled at close of business that day, the vehicle will be released for re-hire and no refunds whatsoever will be due.
Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to cancel a hire if, at the commencement of hire the driver’s licences are invalid, not according to the conditions set out above or if the required documentation is not provided upon request. In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited. Hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
6. Cancellation Charges
More than 45 days before collection – Initial deposit is non-refundable.
Between 45 days and 14 days before collection – 50% of total hire charge is non-refundable.
14 days & under before collection – 100% of total hire charge is non-refundable.
The above charges apply to all hires and no exceptions can be made for any circumstance. Far and Away Motorhomes strongly advises any hirer to obtain relevant insurance at the time of booking, so that any changes of personal circumstance will be covered with an insurer.
7. Pickup / Collection Time
Unless otherwise agreed with Far and Away Motorhomes in writing, the motorhome will be available on the day of collection at our nominated collection point; collection time is from 2pm but the exact collection time must be agreed in advance. Far and Away Motorhomes may charge for early collection.
Hirers who are excessively late of their pickup time (2 hours +) without any prior communication may risk having their booking cancelled, as they will be viewed as no shows. There will be no refund provided in this circumstance. It is the responsibility of the hirer to allow for a time period of 1 hour upon collection of the vehicle for the necessary documents and safety checks to be carried out. No hire will be permissible to commence until the aforementioned checks have taken place, therefore the hirer must allow for this time within their travel plans.
Note, Far and Away Motorhomes will make every effort to have your motorhome ready for the collection time you have selected however Far and Away Motorhomes cannot guarantee that your vehicle will be ready for this time. Should this be the case No refunds will be due to you, there will be no extension of your hire, and the motorhome will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out in section 7.
8. Pickup / Collection Process
Drivers must be over the age of 25 and under the age of 75. Exceptions may be agreed, in advance and in writing by Far and Away Motorhomes prior to your collection date.
The hirer must make a refundable £1000 excess/damage deposit at the time of collection. This must be taken from a card; cash deposits will not be allowed. The hirer must be able to make this payment at the time of collection, no hires will commence until this payment has been made. The security deposit is fully refundable upon the return of the motorhome without any damage. Far and Away Motorhomes are not liable for any changes the insurer can make to the insurance excess amount for hirers who do not meet the criteria for hire but have been premised to hire a motorhome.
Unless stated by the hirer at the time of booking, Far and Away Motorhomes will assume that the hirer fits into these conditions. Far and Away Motorhomes has the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person who does not meet their criteria at the time of collection. In circumstances whereby the hirer(s) have not made Far and Away Motorhomes aware that they do not meet the hire criteria and there are no alternative suitable drivers, then the hirer will be subject to the cancellation charges detailed in 5b.
Far and Away Motorhomes also reserves the right to refuse to hand over the vehicle to any hirer that they are of the reasonable opinion is not suitable to take charge of the motorhome. If the hirer meets the criteria for hire but Far and Away Motorhomes deems them unsuitable, then the hire charges paid will be refunded in full. In this circumstance, Far and Away Motorhomes has no further liability.
No one other than the driver(s) named in the insurance proposal form may drive the hired vehicle.
PROOF OF IDENTITY
The hirer must be able to provide the following:
- Driving license If you have a photo card GB licence we require the photo card and your NI (National Insurance) number to check your licence details on the DVLA’s online system. We are unable to insure you if we have not DVLA checked your licence details.
- Passport (Alternative photo identification can be allowed if agreed in advance with Far and Away Motorhomes ),
- Utility bills or Statements No older than 90 days (Bank Statements, utility bills etc. will be allowed but mobile phone bills are not permissible).
- Valid DVLA licence check code or the means for such checks to be carried out by Far and Away Motorhomes prior to hire commencement
All drivers who licences are issued outside of the EU or Commonwealth are required to supply a valid International driving permit alongside your standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the Country your standard licence was issued and confirm you are able to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GVW. Should any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then Far and Away Motorhomes will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given.
Endorsements on licences: you must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your licence. Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed Far and Away Motorhomes may not be able to obtain cover for. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
Claims history: Cover may not be obtainable for Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during the past 3 years or Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer. No refund will be given if the hire is cancelled because we are unable to insure you to drive.
9. Drop-off / Return
The vehicle must be returned on the correct date and before the time stated on the Rental Agreement. The Hirer will be liable for the full security deposit amount should they abandon the vehicle without agreement from Far and Away Motorhomes – please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot.
Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of Diesel, empty wastewater and toilet cassette and the interior clean and in the same condition as they left the depot, otherwise, a charge will be made for additional Valeting and or Upholstery cleaning. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return.
Please note: there are no toilet emptying facilities at Far and Away Motorhomes ’s depot so this must be emptied prior to return.
Late return: If you will be late returning, Far and Away Motorhomes must be advised immediately.
Drop-off / Return Time
Unless otherwise agreed with Far and Away Motorhomes in writing, the motorhome must be returned by 10.00am on the agreed return date. Far and Away Motorhomes may charge for pre agreed late return.
Without prior consent, late return of the vehicle will incur the following minimum charges –
Same day pre-4pm
Late Return fee of £75
Same day post-4pm/Next day pre-4pm
1 Day Charge + 50%.
Two Days Late etc.
2 Day charge + 150%.
If the late return makes us Far and Away Motorhomes liable for extra costs (e.g. compensation for the next hirer), we reserve the right to pass these costs on to you, in addition to the above charges.
There are no refunds for the early return of the motorhome.
10. Lost property:
It is the hirer’s responsibility to make sure that upon return of the motorhome all your personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the vehicle. The vehicle may be going back out again on hire that same day, Far and Away Motorhomes cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board. Far and Away Motorhomes will do our upmost to contact the hirer if items are handed in, these items will only be stored for 2 weeks before disposal/charity.
11. Events beyond Far and Away Motorhomes ’s Control
Unfortunately, events beyond Far and Away Motorhomes ’s control occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events in these Conditions of Hire, this means any event(s) or circumstance(s) which Far and Away Motorhomes could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
In the unfortunate circumstance that events beyond Far and Away Motorhomes control mean that a motorhome is not available as agreed, Far and Away Motorhomes will, where possible, offer you an alternative motorhome (as detailed below in 8c), a rearrangement of dates, or will provide a full refund of all monies you have paid for your booking. The liability of Far and Away Motorhomes will be limited to the return of any monies paid for the hire of the vehicle only. Far and Away Motorhomes strongly advises that the relevant insurance is taken out at the time of booking to cover any lost pre-booked travel or campsite costs in the circumstance a booking is cancelled beyond the hirer’s control.
13. Alternative & Replacement vehicles
Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior Vehicle for the Vehicle booked. In that event, you shall not be liable for any increased rental pertaining to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle you to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement. Should the customer elect to change the motorhome that they have booked, subject to availability Far and Away Motorhomes will try to accommodate the request where possible. Should there be an increase in the daily rental cost the customer will be liable for the increased premium in line with section 3, Payment Terms. Should the daily rental cost be lower, the original booked price will stand, and no refund will be given. Should Far and Away Motorhomes not be able to accommodate the request and the customers decide to cancel the booking, Far and Away Motorhomes cancellation terms shall apply, see section 5, cancellation charges for more details.
If your chosen motorhome is not available, Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to offer you another vehicle in its place. This may be of similar size to the vehicle requested or larger and will be similarly equipped. In this event, the hirer is not liable for higher rental charges. If a larger vehicle is offered, Far and Away Motorhomes is not liable for additional expenses e.g., higher ferry charges or road tolls. A full refund will only be provided if there is no suitable replacement vehicle available at the time of hire.
14. Your Responsibilities
You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle.
You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle.
You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage.
You must make sure that you use the correct fuel.
You must not tamper with the mechanics of the vehicle at any time.
You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches.
You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without the permission of Far and Away Motorhomes
You must notify Far and Away Motorhomes as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
You must bring the vehicle back to the place agreed, at the time agreed and remain responsible for the vehicle until this time. The Far and Away Motorhomes representative must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition.
The vehicle must be returned clean inside, if the vehicle is not returned in a suitable condition the hirer is liable to charges as detailed in section 11.
You must empty the toilet cassette.
You must bring the vehicle back with the same fuel level as it was collected.
Before handing back the vehicle, you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
15. Conditions for Using the Vehicle
The vehicle must only be driven by the hirer and/or any other driver named on the rental agreement. Anyone driving the vehicle must meet the full criteria detailed in section 6b, unless prior-agreed with Far and Away Motorhomes. The hirer or any other authorised driver will:
- Not use the vehicle for hire or reward.
- Not use the vehicle for any illegal purpose.
- Not use the vehicle for racing, pace keeping, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive.
- Not use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Not allow smoking in the vehicle under any circumstance (Including vaping).
- Not use the vehicle to travel to unauthorised festivals or sports events.
- Not allow animals into the motorhome without prior consent. (AMH may charge for agreed animal passengers)
- Not drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless we have given you written permission and appropriate insurance & breakdown cover has been arranged which Far and Away Motorhomes may charge additional for.
- Not use the vehicle to propel or tow any other motorhome or trailer.
- Not overload the vehicle.
- Not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle or allow the vehicle to be overloaded.
- Ensure that when the vehicle is in motion, passengers are seated in the designated seats wearing the seat belt provided or necessary child restraints.
- Ensure when the vehicle is in motion that the gas is turned off and any items not bolted down are made secure.
- All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads
- Be responsible to Far and Away Motorhomes for the cost of making good any damage to the vehicle caused by improper use.
- Not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Far and Away Motorhomes
- Understand that you are responsible for any fines (including parking and speeding fines), which may be incurred during the hire period, even if these become apparent after the hire period.
- Understand that no claim by the hirer for loss or damage to personal belongings or effects of the hirer or any person or persons will be considered. The hirer will indemnify Far and Away Motorhomes from any liability.
- Understand that any damage to the interior of the vehicle, living or cooking equipment will be charged to the hirer in all cases.
- Understand that Far and Away Motorhomes reserve the right to use a GPS tracker system fitted to the vehicle to identify the location of the motorhome at any given time.
Charges are based on Far and Away Motorhomes tariffs at the time of booking. You will be charged for:
- Rental Charges – The rental and any other charges agreed upon at the time of booking. A charge for any loss or damage to the motorhome or its contents up to £1000 (including accidental damage/loss).
- Cleanliness – If the motorhome is not returned in the condition it was collected in terms of cleanliness a £150 valeting fee may be charged to the hirer.
- Demurrage – If the returned condition of the vehicle will delay other customers hire, Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to pass on any compensation costs to the hirer. This includes nightly rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet, for example for Accident repairs
- Waste – If the toilet cassette has not been emptied there is a £75 charge.
- Unauthorised Pets – Hirers who allow animals into the vehicle without prior consent will be penalised £200 plus a valeting fee if required and charged for any damage caused.
- Smoking – Ignoring the no smoking / no vaping policy will incur a penalty of £250, a valeting fee of £150 and the hirer will be charged for any items that have been damaged by the smell of smoke.
- Full Fuel – If the fuel has not been replaced to the level that the motorhome was originally supplied, there is a charge based on the cost of fuel plus a fee of £20.
- Fines & Penalties – The Hirer is responsible for all fines and costs (including court costs) for parking, traffic or other offences, congestion charges, (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay any costs and reasonable administration charges which arise when Far and Away Motorhomes deal with or act as intermediaries in these matters.
- Authorities – Any charges arising from Customs and Excise or Immigration Authorities seizing the vehicle, together with a loss-of-income charge while the Operator cannot rent out the vehicle, if and when Far and Away Motorhomes demands this payment.
- Gross Negligence – In the case of Gross Negligence Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over
- Recovery – The cost to recover a Vehicle
17. Security Deposit
There is a refundable £1,000.00 Security Deposit payable by bank transfer. The amount will be debited from your account immediately. Pre-paid currency cards cannot be accepted. Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to increase the security deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events e.g., World Cup events, Festivals, customers travelling with pets, for any other hire where the Motorhome is carrying 4 or more adults to £1500.00. Cheque payments are not accepted against the Security Deposit.
On taking delivery of the Vehicle, you agree to pay the Security Deposit You irrevocably authorise Far and Away Motorhomes to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by you to Far and Away Motorhomes arising out of this Agreement. The security deposit will be refunded within 7 days of the vehicle being returned to the depot as per the criteria set out in sections 9, 10, 11,and provided there are no outstanding insurance claims. Deposits will not be refunded on return of the motorhome.
Should any damages or costs exceed the Security Deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the security deposit value within 14 days of being notified of the cost.
Note: The hirer should be aware that the Security Deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage whatsoever relating to any loaned equipment, or damage to fixtures and fittings and windows, bedding or upholstery. If cleaning or valeting beyond regular use is required, if refuelling costs are incurred by Far and Away, or if there is damage caused to the vehicle through negligence, additional charges will be incurred. Should any damages exceed the security deposit held, the customer will be liable for the total cost and the difference will need to be settled within 14 days of returning the motorhome.
18. Hire Insurance
The motorhome is insured for the period of the hire only (provided all the personal information supplied is correct). Fully Comprehensive insurance is included within the hire charge.
The Vehicle is insured for theft and damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £1,250.00 per accident, reported incident or Vehicle theft. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third-party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £1,250.00 per claim. In the event of the theft of the Vehicle please note: if the keys are not returned to Far and Away Motorhomes, the insurer will not accept the claim and liability for the full cost of the vehicle will remain with the hirer.
Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle. Please note that no insurance cover is offered for any internal damages therefore the hirer accepts full liability for these which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should that apply.
Far and Away Motorhomes will be responsible should damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as a result of proven gross negligence on Far and Away Motorhomes ’s part i.e., our actions or failure to act.
Far and Away Motorhomes will not be responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g., loss of profits or opportunity. This is separate from the vehicle insurance provided.
The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or their possessions. You will have to pay an excess for any Insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is £1250.00 per claim, not per rental. You will not have any insurance cover and you will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if you breach any of the terms of this Agreement. You will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence and will not be covered by the insurance.
19. Personal Insurance
Hirers are strongly advised to take out personal travel insurance to cover against termination of hire due to the unlikely event of a breakdown or accident. No claims by the hirer will be considered in respect of any loss or damage to personal belongings or effects of the hirer or any person or persons. Far and Away Motorhomes will not be responsible for hotel costs, losses or any other expenses subsequent to a breakdown or accident.
Likewise, Far and Away Motorhomes will not be responsible for any costs, loses or other expenses due to any form of holiday cancellation, termination or restriction beyond their control (such as Government and travel restrictions).
No responsibility can be accepted by Far and Away Motorhomes for any loss or damage or expense, which occurs as a result of any accident. In the event of an accident the hirer must:
- Notify Far and Away Motorhomes within 24hrs of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- Complete an accident claim form as supplied
- If the accident occurs in Europe, then in addition you must complete the European accident report form as supplied
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
- Assist Far and Away Motorhomes in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
- You acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by you in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault
- You will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault
- No security deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until any claim is settled
You shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
You are aware that the vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of diesel and that it is your responsibility to replenish this throughout the hire and return the vehicle tank full otherwise charges will apply. Far and Away Motorhomes will not be held responsible should you run out of fuel during your hire.
In the event of a mechanical failure, you shall not agree to any repairs to the vehicle without the consent of Far and Away Motorhomes
Subject to the terms of this agreement, you will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. Far and Away Motorhomes will reimburse you for expenditure reasonably incurred if: The tyre is defective and is returned by you to Far and Away Motorhomes for inspection; and you produce relevant receipts; and the manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
You will be liable for any costs associated with allowing the engine oil or coolant to run empty and cause damage to the vehicle’s engine
You will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Far and Away Motorhomes Motorhomes run on DIESEL
No responsibility can be accepted by Far and Away Motorhomes for any loss or damage or expense, which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown. Far and Away Motorhomes will not be responsible for hotel costs or any other expenses subsequent to a breakdown. The hirer will indemnify Far and Away Motorhomes from any liability. If you do breakdown you should take the following steps:
- Contact the breakdown service using the number provided, quoting the registration of the vehicle.
- You must contact Far and Away Motorhomes and provide details of the breakdown.
- If the vehicle is taken to a mechanic, Far and Away Motorhomes must be contacted PRIOR to any work being undertaken on the vehicle.
- In the unlikely event that the Hirer needs to pay for work to be undertaken, Far and Away Motorhomes must be provided with a detailed receipt before the Hirer can be reimbursed.
23. Ending the Agreement
If you are a consumer, we will end this agreement straight away if we find out that your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you. We will also end this agreement if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
If you are a company, we will end this agreement straight away if –
You go into liquidation.
You call a meeting of creditors.
We find out your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts.
You do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
If we end the agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement.
If you break the agreement, we can give the information you have provided to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
24. Data Protection
Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s) and to fulfil our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company.
We will not transfer your personal data to any third party unless:
- It is for on road vehicle assistance, for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops.
- It is to our insurer, to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence / contravention has occurred
- It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
- To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
- Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
- You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organizations
- The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
- It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business as a vehicle rental company, it is for feedback on our products and services provided.
- You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition, you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
By entering into this agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement including data collected from the vehicle which may include your location(s) from our vehicle tracking system and also diagnostics (telematics). We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break the terms of this agreement, we can pass your personal information to any relevant organisation. Far and Away Motorhomes can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 2018.
25. Force Majeure
Far and Away Motorhomes will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Vehicle is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable Vehicle is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you
26. Governing Law
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute may be settled in the courts of that country.
27. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. Far and Away Motorhomes reserves the right to alter or add to these terms and conditions. This agreement does not affect your statuary rights under civil law.
I understand the contents of this completed application and I declare that the information given is, to the best of my knowledge and belief, correct and complete.
I agree that the statements within this application shall form the basis of the contract between Far and Away Motorhomes Motorhomes and myself.
I understand that my information may also be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing the insurer’s compliance with any regulatory rules/codes.
I undertake that the vehicle will NOT be used for the carriage of passengers for reward or offered for hire to anyone else.
I further undertake that ONLY drivers disclosed in this declaration will drive and that to my knowledge have not been refused any motor vehicle insurance.
I understand that this insurance terminates at the expiry of the period of hire stated.
I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the insurance which I have had the opportunity to see and read.
Primary Driver: _____________________________________
Second Driver: _____________________________________